Bend in the road

"When we feel we have nothing left to give
And we are sure that the song has ended,
When our day seems over and the shadows fall
And the darkness of night has descended,
Where can we go to find the strength
To valiantly keep on trying?
Where can we find the hand that will dry
The tears that the heart is crying?
There's but one place to go and that is to God,
And dropping all pretence and pride,
We can pour out our problems without restraint
And gain strength with Him at our side.
And together we stand at life's cross roads
And view what we think is the end,
But God has a much bigger vision,
And He tells us it's only a bend.
For the road goes on and is smoother,
And the pause in the song is a rest,
And the part that's unsung and unfinished
Is the sweetest and richest and best.
So rest and relax and grow stronger
Let go and let God share your load.
Your work is not finished or ended
You've just come to a bend in the road."

- Helen Steiner Rice -

I just want you to know that there is a bend in the road....that you are not that far gone nor are you lost from His view....that He can reach out to you and look for you wherever you are...because you are so precious in His sight...for now, I can only pray the same prayer you had for me....I wish I could protect you from yourself...the same way you tried to protect me...I just want you to know that I love you and nothing will ever change that fact...and He will never give up on you, the same way He never gave up on me...

Job 23:10

"He knows the way that I take, when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails