Red red red!

I don't know what it is about my obsession with red lipsticks but I'm constantly on the hunt for that perfect shade of red to paint my lips with. And since I bought a new red lipstick today, I thought I'll share with you my new discovery.
This is Red Porcelain from Maybelline's colorsensational lipstick line which found its way home with me today. The color is such a pretty cool red and I just love the creamy formula of this new lipstick. It goes on smoothly and I'm so happy with this buy. It's a little weird though that I couldn't find the shade on their site, so I'm not sure if this is a limited edition color.
From left : Mac Ruby Woo, Maybelline Red Porcelain, Revlon Really Red and Nyx Absolute Red

And since I'm at it, I thought I'll show you the best red lipsticks in my collection. Got to give it to Mac's Ruby Woo, the first red lipstick I ever bought, love it to bits! Revlon's Really Red is another of my favourite, you can't go wrong if you're looking for a classic, matte red. And I've got to include the Nyx Extreme Lip Creme in Absolute Red in my list, although it's a tad darker than the three other lipsticks. Absolute Red a really nice vampy shade when you want something striking, bold and in your face!

Here are the swatches!
From top: Mac Ruby Woo, Maybelline Red Porcelain, Revlon Really Red and Nyx Absolute Red. 
 And a picture of me wearing Red Porcelain from Maybelline  

Hope this will help you find your perfect red lippie!!

3 comments:

Panty Buns said...

All four of those lipsticks are very pretty shades of red. It's nice having different lipsticks and nailpolish to coordinate with different outfits.

Decades ago I wore L'Oreal's British Redcoat and Revlon's "Cherries in the Snow" on a few occasions. I've always loved red lipsticks but haven't used them for a long time and would need new ones. I'd looked at Sephora, Adorn and Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics lip tars recently - the tars go on with a brush and I've never tried them.

The Maybelline Red Porcelain lipstick looks pretty. and you applied it beautifully. Love the Peter Pan collar too.

Natalie Suarez said...

beautiful! xx

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Helen said...

You really suit red lipstick! I love them too, but I tend to save them for evenings and wear pink in the day

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails